Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where we are staying in Rome, an apartment!

My wife decided that instead of staying in a hotel, bed and breakfast or hostel as we normally would, we should try staying in an apartment in Rome. She found the site Rental in Rome that rents out a ton of different apartments and even whole villas or castles! The apartments range from about €85 - €200+ per night.

We went with the Costantino Loft for €90 ($139 currently) per night. It is right around the corner from the Colosseum too. It did take us forever to get the place booked because with our trip about 2 months away (from when we started requesting), most everything was already taken. My wife finally requested under her name and my name and instead of just sending a first and second choice she sent a whole list of preferences. Whoever was handling her emails was super slow but my request was handled quickly.

All we had to do was fill out a form, email it back, and pay a 20% deposit. I payed with PayPal. It was simple and efficient. I'll blog more about the place when we actually stay there. Now I have to figure out everything we are going to do in Rome. Ciao for now.

No comments: