Thursday, May 29, 2008

One week to go and I feel really unprepared

My wife and I leave for our trip to Italy and the Normandy region of France one week from today. I feel very unprepared. She has done most of the planning so that plays a big part of it but I really don't know our itinerary much beyond what cities we are going to. (They are Rome -> Siena -> Florence -> Venice -> and Bayeux (via Paris and then Caen)) in France.)

We do have reservations for all our lodging though which is a relief. Our last 2 trips have caused a little stress due to not having reservations and arriving in cities on a bank holiday or when there is a very large festival going on. I also have all but one of those places in a file that I just need to load into my GPS so we can be sure to find them when we are there.

I think this weekend I will spend some serious time figuring out our schedule and the things that are high priority on my list. I also have some travel suggestions from my co-worker whose sister just came back from a Rick Steves tour of Italy that I need to review.

Also, I hope to blog while we are traveling but it takes me so long to write posts and getting to a computer every day is not a guarantee. If I don't blog, I at least hope to use Twitter so you can follow me there if you feel so inclined.

No comments: